Homeopathic Remedies to Tackle Acne
The Emergence of Homeopathic Remedies
A German physician, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843), trained in medicine and chemistry, developed the system of remedies know as Homeopathy.
He had worked as a doctor in the late 18th century. However, he was dissatisfied with the standard medical practices of the day. Blood-letting, purging and offering patients significant dosages of poisonous materials like arsenic and lead were normal but Hahnemann disagreed with such severe procedures.
The homeopathic remedy emerged as he was examining the effects of several medicinal and therapeutic substances on healthy volunteers including himself. He concluded that the health issues could be cured by using an extremely small amount of the substance that, otherwise, in more substantial quantities, could cause the illness.
In order to prevent harmful and damaging consequences, from the normal doses of the substances, he watered down each remedy until he reached the optimum dilution, that still produced an effective response. These experiments were referred to as provings (after the original German word Prüfung, which means "test"). Hahnemann observed from his experiments which led to the basic principles of homeopathic medicine.
What is Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a system of natural remedies developed by Samuel Hahnemann, who had discovered that the identical substance that could result in a reaction in an healthy individual could also be a remedy for somebody suffering with similar symptoms.
Treating Like With Like
This is the fundamental principle of homeopathy: "like cures like."
i.e. a substance taken in small quantities will heal the exact same symptoms it causes if it was taken in large quantities.
This approach is similar to vaccination in western medicine, nevertheless, homeopathy is completely safe.
Highly Diluted Substances
In homeopathy, the higher the dilution of the substance, the more potent the remedy. The active substance is therefore, highly diluted. This aspect of homeopathy is considered the most questionable and controversial. Critics argue how such a remedy can be effective with so much dilution.
Homeopathic Remedies may come in the following forms:
• Mini tablets
The trick is to match the remedy with the patients specific symptoms. Typically, homeopathic remedies create minimal or no direct side effects in the body. Nevertheless, it is advisable to consult a physician for prescription medication if the condition becomes very severe.
Homeopathic Remedies for Acne
* Antimonium Tartaricum - This is mainly prescribed by homeopaths for acne sufferers with large pustules that are very sore and very unpleasant. It is suitable for people that suffer from inflammatory acne.
* Calcarea Carbonica - This can be taken by individuals who suffer from frequent acne breakouts and other agonizing skin conditions. This mixture is intended to increase the level of skin resistance to skin disorders disease.
* Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum - This remedy may be used when pus begins to form, when the skin is unable to repair or heal itself. It is also recommended when boils are present.
* Pulsatilla - This is effective for people who develop acne or any other skin disorder due to poor diet choices, eating rich or fatty foods (red meat, animal fat, etc). The acne can also be aggravated by warmth or heat especially in the existence of a persistently hot environment. It is recommended for people just entering puberty or women who have breakouts near menstrual period.
* Silicea - This remedy is suitable for long term acne sufferers. People that have had the skin condition for years. This is because the longer the acne, the deeper the problem becomes in the skin, resulting into scarring.
* Sulfur - This can help people with itchy skin, sore skin or inflamed eruptions with reddish skin. Itchy skin can often result in reddish hues and abnormal-looking skin. Itching may be worse from scratching.